WHY PASTORS TEACH TITHES IN CHURCH?
Question: “If God did not authorize tithes to be taken in churches, why then are pastors teaching their church members to tithe?”
Answer: Pastors could be teaching their church members to tithe for more than one reason.
1. Ignorance of what God’s word says concerning tithes, i.e they have not properly studied the topic in the Bible
2. rebellion against what God’s word says concerning tithes, i.e they have studied the topic of tithing in the Bible and disagree with what God said concerning tithes
3. Greed, i.e they are covetous after money
4. Denominational standards, i.e tradition
5. Fear of losing position in the church if they teach contrary to denominational standards, i.e they are afraid that they will not be able to continue as pastor over that congregation.